Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Dreaded 3 Hour GD Test...

So i fasted on monday night and was at the lab at 6:50 on tuesday morning so as to beat the old folks. I was third in line and luckily only had to wait about 30 minutes to be helped. First, they took my blood and then gave me a different drink than last time. This one had twice the amount of sugar it it. It was red and definitely had a kick to it. Later i realized that it had turned my lips bright red too. BLECH! The first hour was very rough especially because they did not have anywhere for me to lie down and i was feeling very sick. They had me put my feet up on another chair in the lobby and gave me cold compresses. After they took my blood that time, they told me that i could go outside and get some fresh air. That definitely helped me get through the last two hours. So one finger prick and 4 viles of blood later i was finished :)

The nurse called later in the day to tell me the results and that i had passed with flying colors. whoo hoo!!!! Too bad i'll have to do the screening test again at 28 weeks. I can handle it. Just please, please, please don't make me do the 3 hour one again!!!!

No comments: