Monday, November 3, 2008

30 Weeks!!!



On Monday, October 27, 2008 we made it to 30 weeks (see pictures). I went to the OB and had the opportunity to discuss the c-section procedures with him. Oddly, he had a medical student with him and they reviewed my entire history outside of the patient room and since i was sitting right by the door, i could hear everything that they said. I felt like saying: "Yoo hoo, i'm here so why don't you just come in and answer my questions". The doctor said that i was measuring at least 36 weeks and he seemed happy with my progress. He told me that if i have the c-section that there would be about 12 people in the room and that unfortunately i wouldn't get to see the babies until I was in the recovery room. Andy, on the other hand, could follow them while they got washed up and checked out. Please tell me how unfair it is that I will have carried them for all these months and then i'm the one who won't get to see them? I asked if they would at least hold them up over the curtain but the doctor said that they wouldn't want to ruin the sterile field :( He did tell me that i most likely could try to feed them while i was in the recovery room and would be up and about 10 hours later when the spinal wears off to visit them if they have to spend some time in the NICU.


We also met with a pediatrician...

No comments: